Category: , ,
Molded prism characteristics
Molded glass prism for lighting application, can be made with complex shape at a relative low unit cost.
Glass molding process
Glass molding is done following below process :
- Creation of metal mold (can be several molds according to parts quantities)
- Cutting of glass preforms (usually from a glass rod or a glass plate)
- Heating of the preform to the softening point of the material (several hundred degrees)
- Insertion of the glass preform in the mold (manually or automatically)
- Pressing of the glass between two mold cavities
- Releasing of the part from the mold
- Air cooling
- Deburring and eventual finishing.